Contiki is the original travel company for 18 to 35-year-olds. Since 1962, this family-run business has taken over 2 million explorers on journeys across the world to have the time of their lives.
They’re not only expert guides who take care of all the little details but also fellow travellers who are dedicated to helping you explore in comfort and confidence. A journey with Contiki is a kaleidoscope of unexpected adventures, inspiring places, lifelong friendships, brilliant stories and unforgettable memories. But most of all, it’s living life out loud, utterly and completely.
Here’s your beginners guide to everything Contiki…
There are 8 travel styles from which to choose:
When it comes to travel, one size doesn’t fit all. After 50+ years of experience, Contiki has crafted 8 incredible ways to experience the world, designed with the traveller in mind.
- Discoverer: for travellers who want to see and do as much as possible in one trip.
- High Energy: crafted for the 24-hour traveller; those wishing to spend days exploring the icons, then dancing the night away.
- In-Depth Explorer: these are trips for the culturally curious, putting you into the heart and soul of a destination by tasting, exploring and unearthing every last little secret.
- Independent Insider: for those who want to stay in control of where, when and what they do.
- Camping: for the traveller who wants to stay abroad as long as possible, and isn’t fussed about five-star accommodation.
- Sailing & Cruise: for those who want endless summer days and balmy nights cruising around iconic seas.
- Winter & Ski: Outdoor types can hit the slopes with a board, or explore a destination off-peak.
- Short Trips & Festivals: these trips are all about cultural events, music festivals and fun stuff like Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and Easter, or get to know a new city in a short space of time.
What to expect on a Contiki tour:
Getting there isn’t always an enjoyable part of a journey, but with Contiki, you will be treated to luxe air-conditioned coaches, all with free WiFi. In Asia and Latin America, you’ll travel in comfy mini-coaches. You could also find yourself on an included internal flight, a boat, or even a bullet train.
Your chosen trip might be one style of accommodation or a combo of a few. You can even get a dash of camping on some select departures in Europe if you prefer sleeping under the stars. Always hand-picked, Contiki accommodation is all about location, comfort and wow factor.
Loads of free time and flexibility
There’s no better way to see the world than your way, which is why all Contiki trips include free time in the itinerary. The only thing that is fixed is your destination. Ramping up your free time, Contiki has curated a bunch of unique “ME Time” optional experiences. For a little extra, you can try whitewater rafting, cooking classes, a bungee jump…the list is endless, and the choice is yours.
Breakfast is included almost every day, while lunch is up to you. Your dinner, however, is designed to get you tasting every local delicacy.
Contiki’s Trip Managers, Drivers, Local Guides, On-site team members and on-road cooks are some of the best in the business. Highly trained, knowledgeable and with a total passion for travel, they promise the experience of a lifetime, totally hassle-free.
Keen on an adventure? There are over 300 Contiki trips from which to choose. Browse our favourite tours and contact us to book your #NOREGRETS trip.